Saturday 25 September 2010

seventeen years

there was a time when i would have given you anything given up anything surrendered my life to you surrendered my life for you but seventeen years is a long time long time stroking her neck running my fingers through her hair beyond comprehension willfully misunderstanding days i wished would last forever nights strung out with pills and whiskey and the laughter the laughter electric glances between us but now the looks are fading tracing lines down the small of her back razor blades cuts of love and pain oozing through dull consciousness some idiot osmosis these celebrations leave their marks on a man and a woman counts the days waiting for her bright lover to return and i dimly feel that desire building up now beneath my tongue she comes to me she comes to me and all is forgotten all buried like water beneath the rush of seventeen years

Russell J Turner - September 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment