Sunday 12 September 2010

Three Little Words

Listen very carefully:

You will stick needles in my soul,
Run your tongue across my ego,
And pump nitrous oxide through my blood
In a vain attempt to assuage my guilt.

You will paint perfume on my skin,
Interrogate my damaged faith,
And sing songs of synchronicity
In a doomed attempt to dispel my doubts.

You will throw caution to the wind,
Massage my broken bravado,
And write my words in six-feet scrawl
In a futile attempt to confound my critics.

Listen very carefully:

We two are one within the skin;
We two are one between the sheets;
We two are one beneath the knife.
Give me your love and I will give you my ring;
Give me your love and I will give you my heat;
Give me your love and I will give you my life.

Listen very carefully.

Russell J Turner - September 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment